Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

06 Legacy Auto Transmission slipping

Thread: 06 Legacy Auto Transmission slipping

beeboo97

Unhappy 06 Legacy Auto Transmission slipping

Does anyone has a problem with the 4sp automatic transmission slipping when it is cold? This has been like this since the first winter. It starts happening when the temperature is close to and below zero celcius. The dealership has made an update to the throttle but the problem still exist.

lowlysubaruguy

Default tranny issues

First lets make sure of a couple of things. It is not a throttle sticking type issue? For some reason probably new fuel agents but what do i know. The throttle plates on soome newer Subarus are sticking worse on decel or after siting a while 6 hours or so the palts must work there way into the carbon that builds up in the throttle simple fix if thats it. The has been a problem on all cars before but Subaru was somewhat imune to it until recently.

Next there are several reprograms out for 05 and newer and also a shift calibration that helps some issues.

And there are now if memory serves me correct three new fluids for late model Subarus the latest of which might help with your issue make sure the dealer is aware of the latest fluid and have a fluid exchange done it might require 12 to 14 quarts. I dont know that it will fix it but this is the direction iw ould go if you ended up in my shop.

from there you might have a tranny problem or a sensor thats out of what cold.

beeboo97

Default Transmission issue

I am not sure what do you mean by sticky throttle. How doest this feel like. The car jerks when the gear is upshitting. It could happen at all gear level. This problem does not happen if I shit manually or use the sport mode which keeps the rpm at a higher range before upshifting. I was also thinking of the transmissioning oil being too thick in winter time when the car first starts. This happens even after I warmed up my car but if without warming up, it happens more often.