Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
I'm hooked!

Thread: I'm hooked!

OneBadSkunk

Default I'm hooked!

Hi guys. I'm new here and figured that since I took home an '03 WRX today with 38,000 miles on the odometer, I should probably register on a nice forum like this in case I have any questions, and just so I can learn more about the car.

I did my homework on a few smaller cars, and found this midnight blue beauty at Carmax not far from me. Took my dad with me to go check it out, and after two days, it is now sitting in our driveway (I thought to myself that this car is absolutely awesome)! I must say, I'm quite pleased with it. It's plenty powerful (used to drive a '93 LX mustang, and more recently, an Dakota R/T) and has a lot of room for such a small little guy (I have the wagon version, not the sedan) but subued when it needs to be. I also found that it's reliable if you treat them right, so I figured what the heck, and so here I am!

So, any tips or suggestions for a noob WRX owner? Any tips on driving this car smoothly with the 5 speed (I can drive stick, but hardly do since we have all autos here at home so I need some brushing up!)? What should I look out for besides the obvious things that will need replacement or mainteance (brakes, clutch/transmission, or anything worthy of keeping an eye on?)?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by OneBadSkunk; 05-26-2008 at 10:13 PM.