Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Oil in spark plug chamber?

Thread: Oil in spark plug chamber?

aaron038

Question Oil in spark plug chamber?

I have a 2000 outback, recently started misfiring, check engine light came on. Took it in, and had it hooked up to the computer, which read misfire in cylinder #2. Went home and changed the spark plugs, noticed little oil in chamber 2 and little less in other 3. Once i cleaned off the oil and changed the plugs, I reset the computer and all was fine for about 600 miles and then it started to do the same thing but check engine light has not come on. Once again opened the spark plug chamber and wiped the oil off and all is well, no misfiring My question is do I have some sort of bad seal ring somewhere that is allowing the oil to leak into these chambers? if so which seals could it be? Thank You
    Last edited by aaron038; 05-04-2008 at 12:51 PM.

aaron038

bump

JackedUp24

It sounds like one of the gommets went bad. Its a little circle rubber gasket under the valve cover, its an easy fix but you need to get the new gasket for the cover or some RTV black gasket makers (depending on how much you wanna spend) When the gommet goes back, it leaks alittle oil into the plug chamber. When you put your plugs in, put some anti-seize around the threads part, this is ensure they don't move and the oil won't seap in.