Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Transmission oil change

Thread: Transmission oil change

trumpetjazz

Default Transmission oil change

Do you need to change the filter when changing the transmission oil? 1997 Legacy/outback limited

You shouldn't have to do anything with the filter at all. I just changed mine, and didn't touch the filter. If you have a magnetic plug, make sure you check it for shavings and examine them. If you don't have an magnetic plug, get one to replace the stock one with! Hope this helps....

trumpetjazz

Dear Fishingitj,

Thanks for your reply, although I did replace the filter. The oil probably had never been changed and it has over a hundred thousand miles on it. I am now in the process of changing all the fluids.

I have a small oil leak and it looks like it is coming from the right rear of the engine oil pan. Two years ago the plastic oil pressure plate was changed with a metal one along with the seals, valve cover gaskets, etc. Do I need to replace the o-rings on the oil pump intake within the pan?

My Best,

Trumpetjazz

Yes, that looks like the culperate. I would try that first because it makes sense, then go from there if it continues to leak....