Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help fixing shifter in manuel 97 impreza

Thread: Help fixing shifter in manuel 97 impreza

kresnov

Question Help fixing shifter in manuel 97 impreza

Hey im new to the forum thing so bear with me. i recently bought a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport.The main problem i have is the shifter is weird.When i put it in gear it stays there but it wobbles all over the place.Ex, I put it in first and it looks like its in third. Does anyone know what parts would be required to fix this problem?

Noobinator

You need to look underneath the car where the shifter goes thru the floor and you will see part of the linkage has come out of the bushing behind where the shifter comes thru the floor
    Strut

Suby Talker

1997 Subaru Outback Sport [Impreza] AWD F4-2.2L SOHC
    Vehicle Level Transmission and Drivetrain Manual Transmission/Transaxle Shift Linkage Diagrams

Suby Talker

sorry got trigger happy on that first post
    send me you email and I can send you a diagram of the shift linkage so you can see what strut is talking about

enichol96@hotmail.com
    thanks
    Eric
    AMS
    5-axis cnc cylinder head porter
    master machinist/engine builder
    1-800-210-8675

Noobinator

I have the same problem in a 95 impreza, my email is graffeedy5@yahoo.com, if you could send me the diagram that would be helpful.

Suby Talker

Ok I just sent you an exploded view of the shifter and how it connects to the trans.

thanks
    Eric
    AMS
    5-axis cnc cylinder head porter
    master machinist/engine builder
    1-800-210-8675