Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help with rear hatch lifts/risers

Thread: Help with rear hatch lifts/risers

humor tumor

Default Help with rear hatch lifts/risers

I have a 2000 Impreza 2.2 and well, the rear lifts (whatever the real name of what holds the door up) have quit out. And I can't find any at all to replace them.

I heard someone say that between 98 and '02 the rear lifts where different than the other years (the validity of this I'm not sure of). But if this is true is there any possible replacements that don't require those exact lifts? I'm not sure I'm wording it quite right, but pleae help.

Thanks

geom

Default gas springs

You should be able to get them aftermarket from any auto parts store. the "gas springs" are fairly inexpensive. If you have two for the hatch, it could be that only one is bad. That is enough that it won't hold it open.

Take one off and bring it in to the store. If you can find one the same length, it should work fine.

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by geom View Post
    You should be able to get them aftermarket from any auto parts store. the "gas springs" are fairly inexpensive.
    have to agree with geom there. a huge ton of aftermarket parts are out there waiting to be discovered. you may want to seek help with professional mechanics so that they can give further advice. hope this helps, cheers!