Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

99 2.5 RS questions

Thread: 99 2.5 RS questions

Kris

Default 99 2.5 RS questions

My 99 Impreza 2.5 RS (5-speed manual)was having issues with the 5th gear. It would go into gear but pop out as soon as i stepped on the throttle.

I pulled the tranny out and started to dissamble it and after i got the rear differential out and pulled the diff case off, just the 5th gear and gear selector shaft is hangin out there. I noticed that the big nut securing the 5th gear on was pretty loose and had been moving around in there.

I need to know the torque of this nut and what kind of gear oil i need to put in it. If anyone knows or knows where i can get this info, that would be great!

Also, Ive noticed that no one makes repair manuals for this car, only the dealer and they only sell it by the sections.......lame.

Thanks!!

Kris

what the fuck kind of reply is that, what kind of forum is this??! I thought i could accually talk to real suby fans and maby get some kind of help, but it doesnt look like I found the right website.

Thanks for nothing!

t3ragtop

kris,

i never even saw a reply in your thread, just 2 posts from you. one was your question and the second was some sort of reaction to some an unknown response.

it looks like spammer hell here.

i, too, was looking for more of a community.

Kris

ya, there was a post from someone talking all about wedding dresses and shit.....musta felt stupid and deleted his post or something......

so is that a VW t3 ragtop ?

t3ragtop

nope, geo metro turbo3 convertible project car. turbo charged 1 liter 3 banger.

i'm really active on teamswift.net - it's an international suzuki swift variant site.

t3ragtop

troll.

Kris

lol oh, my bad haha, im a VW guy, could ya tell.

well that sounds pretty crazy, should be fun!!