Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Whats your knowledge on the subaru wrx?

Thread: Whats your knowledge on the subaru wrx?

PETERW

Default Whats your knowledge on the subaru wrx?

Including best year, pros an cons please help really love this car want as much info as i can get thanks!!!!!

Th3On3NOnLy

i love them too! subaru's r great cars they last forever if u maintain them correctly, they have a good crash rating, they keep their value, wrx's r fast but i also heard that to race them, the stock isn't all great so u may want to add some performance parts.

Type-R

If you're in the US then the first year was the 02. I hear the 02-03 had the weakest gears but not really a problem if you don't modify too heavily. They also had the most forgiving ECU in terms of accepting modifications. 04-05 got a new ECU that does not like even simple mods without some sort of engine management. They did get a little upgraded gears but nothing big. Big change came in 06 when they got a 2.5 liter engine. I have had an 02 and now a 06 and it is much torquier and better acceleration. I would love to get an 08 but I just bought the 06 so not yet. Other than that there was a slight interior change in 05. They are all great cars but also very abused by youngsters so make sure you have a mechanic look it over or if you buy from a dealer make sure you still get some warranty.

wrx580

05 for sure