Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Replaced short block

Thread: Replaced short block

tehmonker

Default Replaced short block

Hey guys, I'm looking into purchasing a used Legacy 2.5 GT with 53,000 miles on it, but I was looking at the Car Fax for it and it states that it had its short block replaced around 44,000. Should I avoid this car or should everything be fine now? Any thing to look for when I go look at the car?

I haven't driven it yet because I am up at school but I'll be heading home Thursday to have a closer look at it, I just wanted to see if I shouldnt get my hopes up.

Well I would probably be skeptical of it if the same owner had it after the short block was replaced because 44k miles is not many miles at all, so that person had to really beat the crap out of it to need it replaced at 44K so I don't know why they would be any kinder to it after they had it replaced. I would look at every little thing closely and be very critisizing because you'll be mad to find something else bad after you buy it, and this way it'll only get better with the good things you find out about it if you already know everything bad. Good luck!!