Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Replace Turbo or upgrade?

Thread: Replace Turbo or upgrade?

Baja04T

Default Replace Turbo or upgrade?

I need to buy and replace my turbo TD04L on my 2.5 - 2004 outback. My question is will there be any thing to gain if I buy a upgraded turbo with things such as ceramic coatings- ported and polished- ( 16g ) what ever that is, or should I stay with the standard turbo? I'm not wanting more power but would like better fuel milage if possible. This is my first turboed rig so I have no clue!
    Thanks for any help!
    M.P.

If you do not have supporting mods, stay with the stock turbo. You can get a stock turbo that is monster ported. They do a really good job. This will allow for NO increased HP, but will give you a lot quicker spool that you can feel. Unfortunately it will not effect your gas mileage.

Just google monster port and you will see what I am talking about. There are people putting down some big numbers with the monster port!

Baja04T

Smile

Thank's fishingltj
    I went ahead and ordered the OEM turbo, I figured I should stay with the original and not get out on a limb that I know nothing about ( Turbos ). I appreciate your imformation though.