Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

new owner - need part name

Thread: new owner - need part name

notw1977

Default new owner - need part name

Hello, Just bought a 97 Legacy Outback Manual Transmission 4 cyl.

My shifter was really loose and the transmission guys gave me the schematic and told me to go to a Subaru dealership to order the part.

I think I could get it cheaper online but I am not sure of its real name. The transmission guy referred to it as a shifter tube. (circled in picture)

Could you tell me what it is and the best place to buy it?

Thanks,
    Wes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	78  

Quote Originally Posted by notw1977 View Post
    I think I could get it cheaper online but I am not sure of its real name. The transmission guy referred to it as a shifter tube. (circled in picture)

Could you tell me what it is and the best place to buy it?

Thanks, Wes
    I'd probably call that a shift linkage, and if you have access to a you-pull-it auto salvage yard, I'd grab a handful of wrenches and go get dirty. Otherwise, try RockAuto.com.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

I try a shift rod or linkage rod maybe?