Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

make the 2satge twin turbo boost together

Thread: make the 2satge twin turbo boost together

dimvan

Question make the 2satge twin turbo boost together

Hi all,

I have a subaru 2satge twin turbo, but I think that they are not working together, because at 4500RPM the car starts to performe more than when i'm driving below 45oo RPM. I have heard that the second turbo starts to work at 4500 RPM and higher. ok, but whaty can I do to let the second turbo works together with the first one from the beginning or let the second one start to boost earlier?
    thanks,

Brake boost!! Your going to have the get the first one to spool before it will light up the second one if it's a compound setup(which means you have one little turbo feeding alot larger turbo). If it's just a twin setup then I don't know what to tell you but to brake boost the crap out of it lol.

dimvan

Thank you Sir, but if it is a compound setup, do you think that there is an option or something I can do, so I can get more peformance on 0-60km.
    I really need more power at the start of running.
    I do not want to uese NOS.
    If you know how I can increase more horsepower with the setup, please give me the answer.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dimvan View Post
    Thank you Sir, but if it is a compound setup, do you think that there is an option or something I can do, so I can get more peformance on 0-60km.
    If you know how I can increase more horsepower with the setup, please give me the answer.
    Thank you.
    Check your waste gate (is there one?) to see if it's bleeding off too much at idle or not closing all the way upon acceleration. Otherwise the only way to get the turbo to act quicker is to give it more air: bigger exhaust valves, longer duration cam, larger exhaust header to the turbo.... but all those things have to act together, in tandem.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by dimvan View Post
    Thank you.
    The first turbo is at 2000rpm and the second after 4000rpm.

Both are small same size turbos. The engine sucks more air than primary turbo can deliver at higher rpm so secondary turbo is then switched in parallel with primary turbo to deliver more compressed air.

It is simple matter to boost primary turbo and to make second turbo come in sooner but this does not solve your problem because you want power inside the lag time range of the first turbo from take-off.

The Subaru system ecm/gearing is setup for power cruising but not for drag racing.

If you expect to gain enough power to spin the wheels at take-off then it is the wrong type of vehicle for your needs.