Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
What is this rip in the carpet of my new 2010 Forester?

Thread: What is this rip in the carpet of my new 2010 Forester?

iLUVseagulls

Default What is this rip in the carpet of my new 2010 Forester?

I just discovered this 6" cut in the carpet of my brand new 2010 Forester (only one week old!) It looks like a seatbelt cut gone crazy, and I never would have accepted the car for delivery if I had noticed this. The car was left at the dealer for 3 days after purchase (because my hubby was out of state and could not pick it up) so there was opportunity for someone to mess with it at the dealer after purchase.

Here is a picture. I added a picture of the other side of the car without the cut, for comparison purposes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0784.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	61   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0783.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	62  
    Last edited by iLUVseagulls; 08-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Since the car is brand new, take it straight back to the dealer. They might actually do something about it since it's only a week old........but on the other hand, they might turn on you because you accepted delivery. I hope they take care of for you though.

I can't think of anything that would go there, or why that slice would be there?