Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do I change a broken antenna cord?

Thread: How do I change a broken antenna cord?

wanderingjohn

Default How do I change a broken antenna cord?

I have a 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy. My antenna broke, and while replacing it I found that the cord was broken off deep inside. I only got about 3 inches of the broken cord out. Turning on/off my radio doesn't help to push out the cord. How do I get the rest of the cord out so I can install my new antenna?

wils

You would have to pull the radio and hope that from that side of the wire you can see enough of whats left so you can fish a wire through the antenna hole to pull the new cable in . Probably time to take it to a stereo shop.

TIMMAY

you must access thru the trunk if it's mounted to the rear fender. if mounted on front fender the comple fender must usually be removed. I presume this is a electric antenna...good luck...

RX8MATE

ON GM CARS YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE ANTENNA MOTOR THEN DISASSEMBLE TO REMOVE THE TAPE/CORD.