Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help Please :-)

Thread: Help Please :-)

donboy

Default Help Please :-)

Hi every one. I just bought the car 2 weeks ago.... I have been banging my head on a brick for days, I have a 2000 outback 4cyl. one day it did not start. I changed to fuel pump and still wont start. I pulled off the fuel line that goes to the fuel filter, and don't seem to be spiting out enough fuel very week. I went to the dealer and asked them what it can be, they are puzzled too - They said to check the fuel tank pressure sensor?. Please help

thank you in advanced
    (I'll be waiting for one of you experts on this)
    Last edited by donboy; 08-04-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add email account

Quote Originally Posted by donboy View Post
    Hi every one. I just bought the car 2 weeks ago.... I have been banging my head on a brick for days, I have a 2000 outback 4cyl. one day it did not start. I changed to fuel pump and still wont start. I pulled off the fuel line that goes to the fuel filter, and don't seem to be spiting out enough fuel very week. I went to the dealer and asked them what it can be, they are puzzled too - They said to check the fuel tank pressure sensor?. Please help
    Did you check your fuel pump relay? Do you hear the fuel pump running when you key the ignition? If it "was" running fine, and suddenly isn't then it's something simple most likely. Check the fuel pump wiring leads for signal.

ps- Another hint, don't put your e-mail address in posts because this forum (and all others) are swept by bots and you may soon find yourself getting spammed to death since they know that is a valid e-mail address.

Also, I assume you have sufficient gas in the tank? Always check the basic issues. Let us know what you find.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

donboy

yes pump runs, relay clicks, - I have talked to other people, and they say its the clifford remote starter -- cutting off fuel? I'm goin nuts lol I just replaced the cam and crank sensor yesterday thinking it may be that...

Quote Originally Posted by donboy View Post
    I have talked to other people, and they say its the clifford remote starter -- cutting off fuel?
    So unplug that device and see if it makes a difference.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500