Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2005 Subaru Forester in New England: what kind of tires should I put on?

Thread: 2005 Subaru Forester in New England: what kind of tires should I put on?

rascallysaelfa7326

Default 2005 Subaru Forester in New England: what kind of tires should I put on?

The car gets fairly low usage, 10,000 miles a year or less. I live in Boston, so they need to be able to handle snow, ice, and rain and all that crap. I drive fairly conservatively, no real speeding or anything like that, and mostly use the vehicle for local driving, with the occasional highway trip. For tires, I'm looking at 215/60R16, and am going to replace all 4. What should I be looking at for prices, and specific models and brands? I'm not looking to cheap out on totally on this, but I'd also rather not be spending $150+ a piece on these things. Any recommendations, and for those in Boston, and place I should visit specifically? (Boston/Dedham/Needham area)

mech1warrior1

Default 2005 Subaru Forester in New England: what kind of tires should I put on?

If you are a conservative driver like you say, I would go with a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread, tires. Both of my parents have a set on their Camry and Sienna mini van and love them. We live in Minnesota and they work great in the winter and summer. Reasonably priced for the size you are looking for as well.I'm assuming most of the other suggestions you will receive will be aimed toward an all season performance tire, but I think this is the best bet.

Masterteeko

I recently replaced the tires on my 1995 Legacy wagon with Cooper radials and am very happy with them. The cost was $429 including an alignment.

zw4nzig

Definitely check out some reviews of snow tires on Tirerack.com. Snow tire technology has come so far most can match the traction and stopping of studded tires. If you have any America's Tire shops in your area they are very good too.

betheemery

Quote Originally Posted by zw4nzig View Post
    Definitely check out some reviews of snow tires on Tirerack.com. Snow tire technology has come so far most can match the traction and stopping of studded tires. If you have any America's Tire shops in your area they are very good too.
    i agree with you wholeheartedly there, i am looking to put yokohama geolander a/t-s tires on my outback, the worst rating is ice traction which is 7.3, all the other ratings are between 8 and 9, and for $73 a tire of tirerack.com

I have herd great things about blizzak tires but they are mostly for the winter only, not to good for year round and they are a little pricey.

whaleman

Default New Tires?

I've got an '05 Forester, I live in CT and the car has 73,000 miles-no snow tires-just originals which went about 41,000 miles replaced with Bridgestone Turanzas.
    No winter problems.
    Last edited by whaleman; 08-25-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: error in calculating tire mileage