Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

99 Legacy 2.2 Who Makes Short Block Gasket Set?

Thread: 99 Legacy 2.2 Who Makes Short Block Gasket Set?

Bighouse

Default 99 Legacy 2.2 Who Makes Short Block Gasket Set?

New guy. I bought a 99 Legacy L wagon that was sort of in pieces. I think it had a very bad head gasket leak. Bottom end seems okay. Right now I have the bottom end still in the car, the top end is on the bench in pieces.

Who makes a short block gasket kit for these 2.2 engines? I cannot find one. I can find top end sets for the 2.5 liter and they are not that expensive but no 2.2. Is there a popular vendor here?

Thanks

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
    Who makes a short block gasket kit for these 2.2 engines? I cannot find one. I can find top end sets for the 2.5 liter and they are not that expensive but no 2.2. Is there a popular vendor here?

Thanks Ken
    Go to RockAuto.com and look for p/n: ROCK PRODUCTS Part # HG719
    or just scroll thru the Subaru Legacy 99 stuff under "engine".
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

Bighouse

Thank you. That p/n is the head gaskets, and I need those, but I'd like to get a whole top end kit if possible. Head gaskets, intake/exhaust, pumps, etc

Bighouse

Something like this but for the EJ22

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/199...asket_set.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
    Something like this but for the EJ22
    You best bet is one of the Subaru tuner shops on the web or in the import tuner magazines. Try (no association) AndysAutoSports.com and some of those places.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500