Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Rough Start

Thread: Rough Start

SUBneedswork

Default Rough Start

Hi. I own a 99 Subaru Outback Limited with 177k and a 5 speed manual transmission. For the last 2 mornings I have heard (and felt) a loud "KU-GUNK" sound originating from the rear of the car when shifting from 1st to 2nd gears. The vehicle sits on a sloped driveway at night, and i don't hear the sound throughout the day.

Should I be worried about this? Does it need immediate attention, or will it go away?

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like you have something binding up in the back after it sits, do you use your parking brake when parking it over night??? I would guess your parking brake is sticking alittle but it could be your rear driveline too. Hard to say without hearing it and seeing it. Let me know if you use your parking brake or if it gets worse.

SUBneedswork

Yes, I do use the parking break overnight. I know that there is some slack in the parking break, ie. I have to pull it up as far as it goes to get it to stop from rolling. Could this be a connected issue?

Thanks,

Chris