Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2000 legacy using oil

Thread: 2000 legacy using oil

nilatti

Default 2000 legacy using oil

I have a 2000 Legacy GT, and it's a great car. I'm concerned, though, because it has begun using oil--probably 1 quart every 1000 miles or so. Other than that, it runs great. It's not leaking, and I don't see any smoke. My mechanic has basically said, "Just keep an eye on it."

Should I be concerned? My current plan is to check the oil every time I buy gas (roughly every 400 miles) and top it off if needed. I just love this car and I want to treat it as well as I can. I've never had a car before that was using oil like this.

I also thought I might switch to a different viscosity? I've generally been using either 10W30 or the special high-mileage formula stuff.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Eu4iks Legacy

LOL I am sure it has happened to more than half of the Forum users. Mine is pushing 255,000 miles, and I just keep a 5 quart bottle of oil at all times for when it is low. Just keep topping it off, and change the oil every at least every 5000 miles or 120 days. As long as you feed her, she will run for a long long time.

Also if you get the chance, put it up on a lift for yourself and check for oil leaks, I am sure you will find one somewhere.

Noobinator

Default Bone dry

At about 5000 miles my stick is bone dry (2000 Outback), but some mechanics have said some car models' dipsticks are hard to read anyway. Anybody else have that problem?