Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What s the smallest wheels you can put on an 06 Legacy?

Thread: What s the smallest wheels you can put on an 06 Legacy?

jrlegacy23

Default What s the smallest wheels you can put on an 06 Legacy?

I have a 2006 Legacy with the factory 17" wheels on it. I want to go with smaller wheels so I can get a little more sidewall. I found a guy that has 15" wheels for sale cheap. Does anyone know if a 15" wheel fit on a 2006 Legacy without issues? I know 14" will not fit, but unsure if 15" clear. They are kinda far away, so it would be a big inconvienence to drive out there to trial fit them. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrlegacy23 View Post
    I have a 2006 Legacy with the factory 17" wheels on it. I want to go with smaller wheels so I can get a little more sidewall. I found a guy that has 15" wheels for sale cheap. Does anyone know if a 15" wheel fit on a 2006 Legacy without issues? I know 14" will not fit, but unsure if 15" clear. They are kinda far away, so it would be a big inconvienence to drive out there to trial fit them. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Well, RockAuto.com only lists 16, 17 and 18" wheels for this model, so I'm guessing that 15"s are not recommended, nor are smaller. Could you get away with them? Perhaps, but why do you want to go much smaller.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

jrlegacy23

I would rather go with 16's but I know a guy that will give me 15's for $25 off a grand am. Just did not know if they fit over the calipers. I will have to try them I guess. I was just hoping someone on here already had

legacy99gt

well and correct me if im wrong i believe that you have to have a rim that is hub centered for subarus not lug centered

You can use rims that are lug centered with the proper lug nuts for that rim of coarse, but the bolt pattern may be differant between a subaru and a grand am. Not positive here but I am guessing they will not work. You can probably call the guy and have him measure the distance between centers of the lug holes on the rims and then measure yours to make sure that the bolt patter and number of holes is correct, if all that matches up then it may be worth the drive to try anyway. Oh yeah, you need to make sure the offset of the rims is correct for your car also, the wrong offset will cause problems so check that out too.

jrlegacy23

Neons, grand ams, subarus, small bolt pattern stratus, pt cruisers, VW's, sunfires, cavaliers, and similar vehicles are all the same bolt pattern (5x100mm).
    Last edited by jrlegacy23; 07-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.

True, but the Subaru needs an offset of around +48-50mm and backspace of ~5.70-6.50". As long as the rims are compatible ....

Of course going to smaller diameter tires also detracts from any ground or speed-bump clearance.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

jrlegacy23

I will run the same height tire, just smaller rim diameter, leaving the ground clearance the same