Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

is my timing belt new?

Thread: is my timing belt new?

legacy99gt

Default is my timing belt new?

new guy here need to know how to tell if my timing belt is new will it show up on a carfax or can i pull off the cover and look at it i have a 99 gt ej-25 engine and 99000 miles and i just bought it last month from the dealership
    Last edited by legacy99gt; 07-14-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legacy99gt View Post
    new guy here need to know how to tell if my timing belt is new will it show up on a carfax or can i pull off the cover and look at it i have a 99 gt ej-25 engine and 99000 miles and i just bought it last month from the dealership
    Best bet is service records from the previous owner. Usually timing belts for this vehicle (service/inspect) are done at 30/60/90,000 miles, so unless you know it was done, I'd start thinking about it.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

legacy99gt

thanks for the info i didnt think of looking there ill go to the dealership and see if they have the record for it

yeah a 99 EJ25 timing belt service is at 105K miles, so unless some major engine work has been done, I would guess your belt has not been replaced, like scorpion said though, check with the dealer that serviced it, they should be able to tell you.

legacy99gt

well i went to the dealership and had them look up the service record and lo and behold it was changed at 92000 along with the head gaskets and seals clutch and a safety inspection i believe i found a daimond in the rough

That is awsome, good for you man, glad to hear it. Good luck and hope to hear from you again.

well i went to the dealership and had them look up the service record and lo and behold it was changed at 92000 along with the head gaskets and seals clutch and a safety inspection i believe i found a daimond in the rough
    You did. I hope you gathered copies of the service records. It was nice to have the belt done right before you bought it. You're good to go!
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

legacy99gt

yes i did and i also signed up for the my subaru feature that they have on the subaru website so i can view it anytime i want and have an e mail sent to me when i need to have it serviced its a great feature and i definately reccomend it for any subaru owner

yes i did and i also signed up for the my subaru feature that they have on the subaru website so i can view it anytime i want and have an e mail sent to me when i need to have it serviced its a great feature and i definately reccomend it for any subaru owner
    Awesome! Enjoy the ride. These things are bullet-proof "if" you keep up the maintenance. You should have many happy miles out of that whip.
    Retired USN

legacy99gt

im hopeing to get 400000+ so im keeping this whip up to snuff

Well you take good care of her and you will probably get there. The highest milage subie I have seen without a new engine and all that is 369K. It leaked oil and a little coolant but ran great, I was impressed. That is one thing I have found about subies, they will go the distance, no question about that, but they like to leave their mark along the way lol. Good luck man.

legacy99gt

thanks guys i appreciate the help