Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Gearbox oil change?

Thread: Gearbox oil change?

sammudd

Default Gearbox oil change?

I've just had the engine oil changed on my 86 wagon.Its done 76K miles,runs good. The garage says I need to have the gearbox oil changed!!(Stickshift) Is he right? I know auto boxes should be changed,but stick shift? Last time I had a stick shift it only needed topping up once in 10 years!! Any thoughts?

I would recommend changing your fluid, it gets dirty just like everything else and when the gears and bearings wear normally it puts metal particles in the oil. Those particles act as lapping compound or sand paper for lack of a better term and will cause your bearings to go bad quicker. It is always a good idea to change the front and rear diff and tranny oil every 30K miles. Those things will last for ever if you do that.