Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Forester Wiper Arms

Thread: Forester Wiper Arms

Deckard

Default Forester Wiper Arms

I recently bought a '98 Forester in great condition and I love it. I'm just fixing up minor defects and one of them is the rear wiper arm. Its covered in rust and is dripping rusty water down the hatch. How would I go about removing it and where would I get a replacement (auto parts store, junk yard)? Or should I just take it off, sand it down and paint it?

Thanks.

You may be able to get one at a parts store, I would recommend getting the replacement from the dealer. It is very easy to remove. There is a plastic cover at the end of the wiper arm where it attatches to the wiper motor. Use a small screwdriver and pop the cover off, then there is a 10 or 12 mm nut that holds the wiper arm on. Remove the nut and pry the arm off, sometimes you have to wiggle the arm back and fourth a few times to get it off but other than that it should just come right off. I would imagine you could sandblast it and repaint it but I think it would be more trouble than it is worth. Good luck, hope that helps.