Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What is that thing???

Thread: What is that thing???

Guinness133

Default What is that thing???

Anyone know what this is...what it does...can I remove it...and would it make any difference to remove it.....

cheers!

Hey, I am not 100% positive but I think it is a resinating chamber basicaly designed to dampen the pulses caused by the engine breathing. It would create a smother air flow for the maf sensor readings. That is a good question though, I will do some research and see if I can find out for sure. That is just what I figured it was there for.

I'd agree with that. usually the engineers put stuff there for a reason. You could try removing it temporarily and block off the port and see how performance is affected as long as there are no sensors contained in it.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

Guinness133

Cool..let me know if you find out anything!
    Cheers!