PDA

View Full Version : Brand new!

lfried
05-31-2009, 01:31 AM
Just got my first subaru! 2006 wrx imprezza wagon in he classic blue, 30k km!
like to say im new to AWD and curious what i should know about the car and what i can do to pump out some extra ponies! I used to own a 2000 SAAB viggen, so im not new to turbos. Also, what is the stock boost pressure of the 06 wrx turbo? what are my options for intakes ( cold air vs short ram ) and can i toss in a K&N with no probs? do i need to worry about a MAF? is there a BOV vs a stock DV? as you can tell im a serious noob so any info and ill learn from it right quick!

Thanks

Logan

lfried
05-31-2009, 01:53 AM
i should also ask, what must i do in order to hear the turbo a bit better? I had a cone filter on the SAAB and could hear the turbo 24-7, the surbaru not so much. Is it a matter of taking the box off and putting a cone filter on? possibly a CAI? also, the SAAB had a MAF so i couldnt fit a BOV on it, whats the best one for a wrx and and where should i look for one?

betos_here
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I just got a new subaru WRX 06 also. I have the coupe but the engines are identical. AWD is awesome! have you taking it off roading yet? that's when you really get to know the grip of your car. At least that's how I did. I have Falken thin wheels so my subie wasn't expecting that but I did it anyway. Feels like I'm floating bro. the back end kicks the most on difficult turns over 25-30 mph. You can feel it. But the control is all in your hands. the car bearly tilts and you can just slightly hear a sqeak of the rear end wheels.
I installed a 3" all around exhaust on it along with a COBB tuned stage 2 turbo and that alone bumped me over 300 hp. under $2000. I have a cold air intake so I couldn't tell you anything about the short ram. I think the stocked boost pressure hit's a maximum of 13-14 psi.

icon1219
07-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd go with a K&N C.I.A. theyre not too expensive, bolt on perfectly, and give off a nice whirring noise at rpm's over 3000...