PDA

View Full Version : Is it wise for me to buy a Subaru STI?

JaimeP
02-04-2008, 09:32 AM
im 18, still in highschool, but i have a pretty good job (over $1500+ gross a month). just payed of my lexus gs400 and looking into getting a 2004 sti. is it worth it?

shiu
02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
no, get a M3

ThatsMrPeppertoyou
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
A subaru sexually transmitted infection does not seem like a wise purchase.

BFH
02-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah you don't want any sti's OR std's. They'll make your junk fall off.

tn
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
where you live at? what type of driver are you? i used to live in anchorage, ak and it was flooded with sti's and evo's. but now in vegas, you barely see 'em. since your used to luxury already, might as well keep it that way. sti aint got shit for luxury. you also wanna consider what type of fuel your next car will use: gasoline, hybrid, electric, diesel, or flex fuel?

drummergirl
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
well it is the best car u can get right now. come on man, it comes with turbo and brimbos!!

kittyj13
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
not geting smart buy a ford or gm that be the best bet . i would not buy a import

AJR
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
dont get an 04 sti, get an 05 since they are a bit nicer inside and have 8inch wide wheels instead of 7.5inch wide

idon_e4897
02-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Only if you can afford the insurance.

JamieAnna
02-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Psh girl I would!!! Those cars are really safe but watch the speed cuz those things are fast. haha my name's jamie too. but yeah I wish I could get one!

JULI-JUAN
02-05-2008, 04:20 AM
yes but at 18 isnt it expensive to insure as its in a high insurance group

BP2454
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Seeing that you're 18 and probably about to get out of High School...is your financial situation going to change once you're out of H.S.?What I mean is are you planning to go to College or will you be running out to the working world?If you know you will still have the same/greater level of income and expenses for the 4-5 years the loan will go for, then go for it if the STi is your weapon of choice.It's a good choice for most people as it is still fairly easy to live with as a Sedan and it has AWD to pretty much get you through most weather conditions. Plus, it's a fun car...just be sure to take a deep breath and HONESTLY look at your plans for the next 4-5 years to make sure you can do this without putting yourself into a hole.If you plan to go to College I can tell you that it is much harder to keep your income level up (even if your parents are paying for school/housing/food) because of the demands of classes and what not. If you're going to college I would advise waiting 1 year to see how things are through your freshman year. Putting yourself in a hole before getting out into the working world is really hard for your future...I have a friend who did that ($40K school loans and $40K buying crap/racking up Credit Card bills), he's now 29, still deeply in debt and unable to get a good loan for his first home (he just got a financial advisor and things will hopefully go better at this point)...he makes $70K just so you can see how bad digging a hole can be.

drum_wannabe
02-05-2008, 08:05 AM
yes.stis are amazing and id say that they get pretty good gas mileage for a sports car too.city is 20 and highway 25.pretty good considering its turbo and what not.those things usually suck up a LOT of gas

MindzEyeWRX02
04-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Straight forward answer disregarding the fact that your 18.

If you can afford an STi, insurance, and premium gas. go for it. You might want to go with an 05 since the 04's are known to have a small tranny issues (i.e. rattling noises on deceleration with some cars).

If you don't have the money for insurance or what not, a WRX is just as good for someone that has not owned a subaru before.

Goodluck

CarterMarkham
06-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I gross double what you make, I have an 08 LGT. Payments are killer and insurance is worse. You might get a good trade in for your Lexus, save up for a good down payment, and then see what you can pay per month over X years. I too wanted an STi a few years back, but considering insurance I said no. Think hard before you leap.

MindzEyeWRX02
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I gross double what you make, I have an 08 LGT. Payments are killer and insurance is worse. You might get a good trade in for your Lexus, save up for a good down payment, and then see what you can pay per month over X years. I too wanted an STi a few years back, but considering insurance I said no. Think hard before you leap.

Should have gotten a Spec-B. LOL. My fiancée wants a Legacy as her next car, my plans are to get her a Spec-B since she wants to drive fast.:D

badzy
06-10-2008, 10:36 AM
it's up to you on which car you want

lenon
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
You should get a new one later while you have the ability to take care of your car.

Merlelogan
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Well if you have decided to buy a Subaru STI then i would tell you go ahead don,t worry life is fun when we take risks it teaches us the hardships to overcome and as you are working i think everything should be manageable if you have the will power everything will workout fine ,All the Best .