PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Legacy Wagon - Roof Leak/Clogged Drains

pbrand
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I have a 2003 Legacy wagon with the double sun roof. My car has the problem another owner has described below, and I was wondering if anyone had more details about the fix they describe - I found this on another site and it was several years old with no contact information. I have a screw driver, a couple of hours and a Saturday morning!

"The only "complaint" I would make would be the double sun-roof...the poorly designed drains became clogged and started backing up into the car; 2 different dealers were willing to charge me $1200 to fix the problem, but a screw driver and 2 hours on a Saturday morning fixed it for free."

photomoz
06-02-2009, 04:00 PM
This is the exact issue I'm having with my 2003 Legacy Wagon. Can you elaborate on the "fix" you found, or forward me the link?

Thanks!

pbrand
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
The verbage from the link is exactly what I posted - there was no additional information and no contact information listed for the person that posted the "screwdriver and 2 hours" fix.
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/subaru/outback/r52481/comments/page-3/
(posted June 8, 2007)
I was hoping someone else would read our posts and elaborate on how to fix this issue, but so far you are the only person who has replied!!

Scorpion8
06-03-2009, 12:02 AM
I was hoping someone else would read our posts and elaborate on how to fix this issue, but so far you are the only person who has replied!!

Not knowing this exact issue, I'd poke around and see what a screw driver can be used for. Are there removeable drains that need to be blown out? Drain screens? Constrictions somewhere?