PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know howmuch a Subaru Outback windshield costs installed?

moto951
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I rented one and did not purchase their insurance, I have my own insurance but my deductible is $500. What would be cheeper to do ? go thru my insurance company and pay the deductible? or pay the full amount on my own without going thru my insurance? would my rates go up?

oklatom
01-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Any automotive glass installer would be able to answer your question as to costs.

mathmerlin
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
You can buy them out right for about $65 to $85 bucks. If you call a auto glass installer, they will come to your location and install one in about 30 minutes. The have charged me up to $135 installed, and i have several install a year.In your area you have to check, its looks like you should pay cash get a bill, and if you have another claim, turn it in then. That will help cover your deductible.That has worked mostly, but still make a few phone calls and don't tell them it is not your car.. Say "I need a windshield installed pretty soon, whats the cost, installed." Then wait for the reply.....you'll know pretty quick what to do. At least call 3, from the yellow pages under Auto-Glass.Good luck........"stuff just happens, uh."( a Houston used car dealer)

kapn
01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Yellow pages...get a quote...