PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Forester C/C Blinking

rockfoot
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I am new to the forum but belong to several other forums that are similar to this one. I was just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the various codes that cause the Check Engine Light to come on. My "Check Engine Light" is on and my "Cruise" Control indicator is blinking at the same time. The code is "P2441, Sec Air Inject sys.. Switching valve Stuck Closed Bank 1". Can anybody out there explain why this code is coming up and what the problem is, exactly? Back in January, the code "P2432 Secondary Air Injection Sysstem Air Flow Pressure Sensor Circuit" came up and my wife took it in and they replaced a "Secondary Air Pump" under warranty and still charged a $100 labor:confused:... Not sure about this code. It came on about three weeks ago and I turned it off and it has popped up again and now, I guess, it is time to look for answers. It is my wife's car and she won't drive it if there is a chance that something will go wrong. Thanks for any info you guys can provide. Another big problem is that the Subaru dealer in the Charleston area has closed..no service locally!! R. Barrett:o

rockfoot
04-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I'll try and explain what has happened since my original post... I bought a scanner... The code is actually P2441. An air valve from the secondary air pump is not working..Bank 1. Took it to the Subaru dealer, 80 miles one way, and they confirmed this and tested the relays to the air valve and deemed them functioning. The air valve was not in stock so they ordered it..was supposed to be in in three days...won't be shipped 'till May 8th.. Hmmmm. Anyway, the original problem back in Jan turns out that the Bank 2 air valve was the problem and it was replaced back then... the reciept that I had stated that the secondary air pump was replaced..not so.. just the air valve on the opposite bank. This valve, I am told, puts air in the exhaust manifold to keep the O2 sensor happy... I turn it off with my scanner and it stays off untill the computer calls for it again and then it comes back on...maybe 2 days maybe two weeks. I am not real sure what activity causes the computer to call for more air in the exhaust, wheather it is the type of gas or load on the engine or what... maybe someone out there can enlighten me a little futher... Thanks and sorry for the confusion. R.Barrett
PS and you are right about the warrenty..but I have an extended warranty that covers the EGR and stuff but there is a $100 deductible... so that explains that...

gina06
05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
just sent you a pm on this- i am having the same issue

rockfoot
05-31-2009, 09:53 AM
I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the valve. I was with my wife and they gave me a loaner (2009 Forester), we had lunch and returned.. the car was waiting for me. The new car was nice without the power that mine has (XT:D) but I especially liked the transmission shifter with the select-a-gear thingy going on.... took a minute to figure it out...
I wanted the old valve but forgot to ask for it. I had one final test to make that wasn't done by the tech that occurred to me after I got home after my first visit to the dealer.. I wanted to check the electrical continuity of the coil that opens the valve to see if the solenoid was open and if that was the reason the valve would not open or was the valve just stuck closed with carbon or whatever. That valve cost $365... It would be nice to know if I could just pull it and brush off the carbon and stick it back in....:rolleyes:

asholo
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Sabaru Forester Car DVD Player Navigation system Car DVD Player+ 7 Inch Digital touchscreen+Dual Zone+Built in GPS DVB-T
car DVD player online store (http://www.autoaudiovideo.com)

•High Quality: Made by a very famous manufacturer in China, extended warranty: 2 years!
•7 Inch TFT high-definition Digital LCD Screen, 800*480 resolutions!(2,650,000 color), support 4:3, 16:9 and full screen display!
•Specially Designed for Sabaru Forester. No gap with original dashboard after installation.
•Convulsed timbre and enjoy all your journey
•iPOD Ready, Steering wheel control, CDC port, TF Card slot for GPS and music files(support up to 16GB TF Card!).
•Completely Dual Zone Playback, you can run the gps application while listening to Radio/CD/DVD/music in TF Card/USB device
•Built-in Digital TV(Only with European Standard is available) is also optional, and it need 220usd to add this function. Please contact us if you are interested in DVB-T function. *Bluetooth function have be included

car DVD player online store (http://www.autoaudiovideo.com)