PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

15min_demonstration
03-21-2009, 02:23 AM
So,

I bought a Celica in 2001 with four miles, I was 23. A GT.. the GTS didn't have the low end torque which I just loved. Today I sold it with 220864 for nearly 1k. I'll be 31.

I also bought a Legacy Special Edition. I've a few questions for those of you who have owned subys for years.

I want to get my hands on the legacy shop manuals. They're out there somewhere and.. I am interested in finding a complete issue. I don't go to the dealers for help, nor do I visit mechanics for help. I am my mechanic for my vehicle.

I've also been told that I need to change my differential fluid for the awd every 30k, is this true?

2009 Legacy Spc Ed, 7 miles, two weeks on the lot. 19,1k. Have I just made the mistake of my decade? I bought it at 6p and she hasn't seen many hours of light in my possession yet..

Scorpion8
03-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I want to get my hands on the legacy shop manuals. They're out there somewhere and.. I am interested in finding a complete issue. I don't go to the dealers for help, nor do I visit mechanics for help. I am my mechanic for my vehicle.

I'd try eBay offhand. There's always folks selling the shop manuals or CDs on there. If you're looking for more advanced than the Haynes or Chiltons manuals, you should be able to locate the shop manuals online at a place like RockAuto.com or AutoZone.com.

I've also been told that I need to change my differential fluid for the awd every 30k, is this true?

What's the owner's manual say? The car should still be under warranty anyway, so have the dealer do it if in doubt.

2009 Legacy Spc Ed, 7 miles, two weeks on the lot. 19,1k. Have I just made the mistake of my decade? I bought it at 6p and she hasn't seen many hours of light in my possession yet..

I looked at the 2009 Legacy's when we just bought my wife's second Subaru, a 2009 Forester. And yes, I also do all the work on our vehicles. The 2009 Legacy's are on my future used car pickup list now. I thought they were really advanced from her old 94 Legacy L and took in a lot of technology from the WRX-series.

15min_demonstration
03-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Scorpion8,

Thank you for the reply. I also saw that to get a Suby in AK costs an extra ~$200 in delivery since you cats are in the great white north? Sorry to see this..

Yes, I wish to skip on the haynes or chilton manuals. I annoyed my sales person today because yesterday he would have included them in the sale via cd if he knew where to find them, since the tech's were gone for the day... I am out of a manual and it subsequently costs me ~$460 for the set today. Yesterday they were free. Ugh. :(

Any shop tech on this site? Is there a better site to visit / lookover?