PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a solution for the fog lamps on my 2007 Forester

Gobear
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello Group,

I've managed to break the driving / fog lamp on my 2007 Forester..again.

For some reason you can't buy just the lens, the last kit was over $215:)

Any suggestions on less expensive fix?

cheers,

Gobear

TDImark
06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
I have the same problem. There are several on eBay right now in the $80 range.

rutech
06-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I have seen a few people take a protective tape or any clear tape and put over the lense, as long as it seals it from water you should be ok. Not a perminant fix of coarse but it will last a little while. The thicker the tape the better. I know the dealerships sell a real thick protective cover the helps keep them from breaking too. Good luck.

ema
10-03-2009, 03:54 AM
if you already happened to replace your fog lamps already, might as well put some protection on it to prevent the problem again. I saw this StonGard Fog Lamp Protection at an on-line shop. You could just try searching for it over e-bay. Perhaps, it will cost less there.

linds
12-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Looks interesting i'll have to check it out.

lv2gucci
03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
President Obama may refer to the heads of the big banks as “fat cats” over granting themselves large bonuses just a year after being bailed out by U.S. taxpayers, but his chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, is quietly working behind the scenes to secure ties with the Wall Street chieftains who were major supporters of the president during the 2008 election, FBN has learned.“We’re the only things standing between you guys and the pitchforks,” Emanuel recently told one Wall Street senior executive who was complaining about the president’s class-warfare rhetoric.As the mood in the country has turned anti-Wall Street following the 2008 financial meltdown, the subsequent bailouts, and this year, firms like Goldman Sachs (GS: 173.4, -1.69, -0.97%) handing out $20 billion in bonuses, President Obama has stepped up his attacks on the financial industry particularly aswatches (http://www.replicawatch567.com) his poll numbers have fallen and his agenda stalled. In a “60 Minutes” interview, he called them “fat cats.” After Republicanreplica watch (http://www.replicawatch567.com)esScott Brown took the Senate seat held by Democratic stalwart Teddy Kennedy the president endorsed restrictions on proprietary trading at the big banks.But now Emanuel — who has close ties to several top Wall Street executives and even worked on Wall Street himself — is trying to make amends. One worry for the White House: Wall Street overwhelmingly supported the president over his Republican challenger John McCain, according to campaign contribution records. But now the firms are hedging their bets, particularly as the mid-term elections draw near.Emanuel’s calls to Wall Street honchos underscores just how worried the White House is about losing a key source of fundraisingf, according to senior Wall Street executives who are active in Democratic Party politics. For that reasonfake watch (http://www.replicawatch567.com), they say the president has been softening his rhetoric of late, pointing out in one interview that Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein and Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JPMorgan (JPM: 43.1, -0.1, -0.23%) — both ardent Democrats — are good businessmen.Emanuel is calling Wall Street executives reminding them of how Obama’s policies ?C which include the reappointment of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, who has kept interest rates so low that Wall Street firms have amassed huge trading profits — have stabilized the banking system.