PDA

View Full Version : 95 Legacy having trouble starting when warmed up (sometimes)

fishing_fool
02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I have a 95 Legacy Wagon that is having trouble starting when the engine is warm. The starter turns the car over and over but nothing happens. If I let the car sit for a bit then it fires right up. The check engine light is on the code was P0115 "Faulty coolant temperature sensor." I have replaced the sensor, yet the problem has not gone away. To make matters more interesting, when cold starting the car usually starts fine, but sometimes for the first minute or two when I push on the accelator it feels like it is misfiring and the engine wants to die. Then when driving, the car seems to work just fine. Very strange. Please help! Thanks!

And an update: The check engine light sometimes is on and sometimes it is not. Also, in the last couple of days, it has been starting better (but not really like it used to).

fishing_fool
02-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I have an update for anyone else who may have this problem.
I took my car intothe dealer and they ran another diagnostic on it and it came up with a Crankshaft sensor malfunction. The dealer wanted over $300 for this repair.

I went ahead and replaced the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor (they come in a kit at the dealer for $54). Two bolts and 5 minutes. At the same time I replaced my thermostat $9 and now my car runs fine!

Scorpion8
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the follow-up. It's good to have this info on the board for other users.