PDA

View Full Version : hey new guy from sd

SSOutback
01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
hey just thought i would drop in and say hi, :cool:

i live in sioux falls south dakota, its not even in positive temperatures right now, so i am not working, thought i would search for some stuff for my subaru,

i uploaded a few pics you guys can check out if you like, i have a 2000 subaru outback, also a 2000 camaro ss,

one thing i am wondering, my subaru has the 2.5, and i have a friend who is updating his turbo in his sti, its a 04, will his turbo match perfectly for my engine or would i have to change anything?

any ?'s just let me know

rrd98forester
01-15-2009, 09:12 PM
hey just thought i would drop in and say hi, :cool:

i live in sioux falls south dakota, its not even in positive temperatures right now, so i am not working, thought i would search for some stuff for my subaru,

i uploaded a few pics you guys can check out if you like, i have a 2000 subaru outback, also a 2000 camaro ss,

one thing i am wondering, my subaru has the 2.5, and i have a friend who is updating his turbo in his sti, its a 04, will his turbo match perfectly for my engine or would i have to change anything?

any ?'s just let me know

Im pretty sure the internals between the 2.5 and 2.5 turbo are different, a turbo 2.5 is built for boost pressure where as youd have problems boosting a stock 2.5 to a turbo 2.5s potential. i guess what im saying is, you could do it, but you wouldnt be able to crank up the psi too much. also keep in mind you still have to get the manifold, piping, intercooler (should you choose to run one) fuel management and all that stuff. overall i think youd be better off just getting a WRX. just my .02