PDA

View Full Version : Impreza GT?

Pancake
01-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Newbie here...

The wife and I are looking at buying an '09 Impreza Outback Sport. However, after owning an '01 Jetta (2.0L) with 160 HP, I feel that 170 HP is not enough for an AWD car.

Can anyone provide info on the Impreza GT? The dealer knew little. Is it offered in a 5-door version? Can I get a 5 or 6 speed? Is the car even offered? I don't see it as an option on the SOA website. If the GT is not available, what should I expect to pay on an '09 WRX 5-door? Are '08 WRX 5-door still available?

Thanks for the help.

snayson
01-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Newbie here...

The wife and I are looking at buying an '09 Impreza Outback Sport. However, after owning an '01 Jetta (2.0L) with 160 HP, I feel that 170 HP is not enough for an AWD car.

Can anyone provide info on the Impreza GT? The dealer knew little. Is it offered in a 5-door version? Can I get a 5 or 6 speed? Is the car even offered? I don't see it as an option on the SOA website. If the GT is not available, what should I expect to pay on an '09 WRX 5-door? Are '08 WRX 5-door still available?

Thanks for the help.

Impreza GT is turbocharged, auto only and is offered in 5 door. as for 08 wrx 5 doors, you would have to check with the dealers around you if they have any leftovers (if you are looking for new)

Pancake
01-17-2009, 02:22 PM
The dealer has never seen an Impreza GT, in person or in any inventory. I guess I was hoping to find someone on this forum that owns one or has driven one. Seems pretty quiet here, though.

Anyway, we bought an '09 Impreza Outback Sport. The WRX was a great drive and would be loads of fun to own, but it was too much car for an "around-town" or day-trip vehicle.

John81
04-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Newbie here...

Thanks for the help.

170 HP is enough, believe me.