PDA

View Full Version : 07 sti vs 08 mustang gt?

phycho_matt
02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
i own a 2007 subaru impreza wrx sti and im into racing. so far ive only upgraded to a cold air intake and larger exhaust system. according to an article i read those upgrades added about 20hp and some perdy good torqe. anyway this kid has a mustang gt with a short shifter and aftermarket exhaust... he seems to think he can kill my car no problem bottom end and top. what i need is stats on each vehicle. i want 0-60 times, hp, and torqe specs on each. a cookie for the first one to find me these! =)

4wheelernut
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Race the kid and stomp him badly then the rest dosn't matter does it.

Ryan
02-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Look at the important things... You're car is AWD if I'm correct (bmw guy), and much lighter. He's driving a rwd titanic. My cousin rented a mustang gt, and was sorely disappointed. You should take the lead right off the line, then it'll probably come down to driver skill. He's got more HP and Torque. By the way, the cold air intakes and exhaust typically add horsepower at the redline, and right before it. To complement those upgrades, look to upgrade your chip. By changing the stock chips configurations, the extra air flow created by your upgrades will greatly affect the lower and mid range RPMs. The guys at Speed Tuning USA flashed my chip for me. I had a K&N intake that added 9 hp at 5800. With their chip, they pushed my car up from 190 hp and 207 ft lbs of torque, up to 217hp and 230 ft lbs. It most noticeably affected the mid range, which is where most cars lag.Hope that helps, I hate mustangs.

C7S4665
02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
The Subaru is definately faster in every way and it handles two times better than the Mustang GT. Modifications to American cars do not affect the power or speed as much as smaller, lighter Japanese or European cars. The Subaru STI is in a different class than the Mustang GT. The STI is even faster than the Mustang GT500 Shelby in acceleration and handling, but not top speed.The Subaru is lighter and more aerodynamic and it has AWD and a turbocharger, which makes it accelerate faster.The stock times for the cars are:Subaru STI: 287HP Turbocharged 4 cylinder.0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Top speed 155mph.Mustang GT: 300HP V80-60 in 5.2 seconds. Top speed 146mph.With the modifications it should be:Subaru STI: 307HP Turbocharged 4 cylinder0-60 in 4.6 seconds. Top speed 160mph.Mustang GT: 310HP V80-60 in 5.1 seconds. Top speed 148mph.

MindzEyeWRX02
04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Get a downpipe and Engine Management map to get you to stage 2, then whip on him.

Your car is lighter, your car's AWD launch is something a stang cant touch.

I just saw a review on the 08 sti vs 07 shelby gt. out of 42 tests the shelby won only 2. sti won the 0-60 and 1/4 mile :eek: