PDA

View Full Version : Car Speakers?

ChrisK
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I want to get some good speakers for my new car ('08 Subaru Forester). I don't know much about cars except how to drive 'em. But I like music, and I need something better than the factory installed speakers. What are good brands (for speakers, amp, and subs), and could you recommend any specific ones?

peter_gol
02-08-2008, 12:45 PM
JL has some pretty good subwoofers some of them are pretty expensive but they hit HARD especially the W7 you should check them out ------http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=9pretty expensive though

Type-R
02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Speakers:AlpineBoston AcousticsPolk These are the best of the best for speakersAmps:Rockford FosgateAlpineKickerEtc, and any amp that is cea compliantSubs:Anything you think YOU likeAlpineKickerJLRFEtcI'd buy some Polk Momo Speakers or some Alpine Type-R speakers with two 12" Alpine Type-R subs.You will want one 4-channel amp for the speakers, and one mono channel amp for HOWEVER many subs you get.Match the RMS with RMS, never MAX or PEAK.

Th3On3NOnLy
02-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Listen to Type-R, and also match up the ohms for the correct rms matching. Invest in a good headunit also (pioneer, alpine) are pretty decent. Dont forget to get a good box made also. That will make a big difference in sound.

BoB772
02-10-2008, 10:50 AM
speakersdiamond audiofocalboston acousticsalpineinfinitypolk audiojl audioampshifonicsalpinerockford fosgatesubsit really depends if your looking for SQ or SPL

BrandonE
02-11-2008, 02:11 AM
it looks like the front doors have 6 1/2" speakers, while the rear doors have 5 1/4" speakers. my suggestion is to get a set of component speakers for the front and rear for full mid, mid-high, and high frequency spectrum coverage. component speakers are a set of a speakers that come with a mid range driver, a tweeter, and a frequency crossover unit. as for a sub, i wouldn't get anything more than 300 watts continuous, 600 peak. this will ensure clarity. as for brands, people can tell you until they're blue in the face on how one brand is better than another. TRUST YOUR EARS! you know what sounds good to YOU. you know what YOU like. shop around. listen to different brands. listen to anything you think you might be interested in. and don't let anyone talk you into buying one brand over another. TRUST YOUR EARS!!!!note: the comment that Type R left about matching RMS to RMS - its it WRONG. RMS is a useless rating. Peak needs to be used to when matching speaker to amp. You need to be sure that you have plenty of head room in case the music instantaneously grows from a whisper to a roar. If the Peak Power rating of a subwoofer is 900 watts, you better be **** sure that the amp has a peak equal to, or within 50 watts of 900. With the peak power matched, the continuous power will be almost identical in both amp and speaker.also, Ohms or impedance has nothing to do with RMS wattage ratings.. brandon E, live sound engineer

lenon
07-16-2008, 01:32 PM
It is totally up to you which style do you like, as my opinion, quality is the main problem for a car speaker.