PDA

View Full Version : is the 2002 subaru impreza wrx sedan a good car?

calrain07
02-01-2008, 10:51 PM
some people say they have some problems every now and then and some say they never have had problems. are they reliable

Tony
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Subarus are always reliable, yet I have to admit they are kind of wierd at times. I own a 99 Impreza and it always runs well but is kind of strange at times since things will stop working and then start working again! The newer engines in the 02s are reliable though.

JosephD
02-03-2008, 04:51 AM
Subarus in genaral are reliable cars, as for the WRX it's a reliable car but the automatic transmission has a lot of turbo lag. So get the manual transmission, but with the manual transmission, u gotta be careful and not beat on the car because the 2nd gear goes out easily. But overall it's an awesome car, especially in the snow.

jona
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
they use stacks of oil and there cv s are crap

craig0161
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
i have a 02 wrx stage 3 this is the best car that i have ever owned i rally race this car all the time and do a little drag racing the car now has 66 thousand miles and the only major thing Ive had to do is upgrade the clutch because it started slipping ( only because of the all the power its making over stock)

jbpopem2016
02-05-2008, 01:51 AM
They are awesome cars, manual trans are a little weak but you shouldnt be doing awd burnouts anyway.

NicholasN9836
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Subaru in general are extremely reliable if they are well maintained and not abused. I think the WRX is very reliable and can be driven hard for many years if it is driven properly and maintained properlyMost of the people who say they have reliability problems are 'big launch' and/or 'slam gears' guys

sweety_atspacecase0
02-06-2008, 07:51 AM
I drive a 2002 WRX every day,it just lost the radiator (after being only 5 years old !), and I have had lots of parts break on it, if you do not modify it at all, it will be more reliable.it breaks like a 10 to 15 year old car from the day I bought it new.this car handles so very well, it does things that I thought not possible for a car to do,I would want nothing else.it is way better than a German car, but not as good as most Japanese cars, nissan, mazda, and honda beat it for reliability.

MelanieC
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
They are a fairly solid car. A lot comes down to treatment. Many have had a hard life with hard launchs etc. These ones could have some problems.