PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a car to get to college, any suggestions?

Willis
02-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay, so I found that I won't be living on campus in the fall, so I'm going to have to find a car to get back and forth to campus in the fall. I'm going, like, 30 miles each way, so it's got to be decent on gas. Here's the demands: I, being an 18 year old kid, want something that's fun to drive, my dad wants good mileage, and my mom would like it to have AWD, but it's not necessary. Also, it would have to be in the $10-12,000 range.Now I had a pickup truck in high school, and I loved having a bed to toss stuff in, so when looking, I found that I liked the Subaru Baja, though I'm open to other stuff, such as a Legacy, or even a Cobalt or something.Please let me know what you think would make a good car for my condition. Thanks!

imsoverygood
02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Both my sons have Hondas ( one and Accord and one a Prelude) and love them! Great mileage and dependable.I know this is not part of your question but:A suggestion too, I did this for my son more than me. Verizon offers Roadside assistance for people with their cell service ( I am sure others do too) So if you can get it it is a good idea. Ours is 5 bux a month and it is great to know if the car dies, you lock your keys in, or you get a flat and the spare turns out to be bad you have help available ,Good luck in college!

hamn
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
id reccomend a honda civic, toyota corolla or a Chevy Cobaltthey're small, reliable, really good on gas and have decent interior/trunk space.It'll get you from point a to point b quite well, and they're fun to drive and stylish..seems like you get the bsest of all worlds

forestgreenforester
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
you might want something with a little bit more cargo like a wagon or small suv i think an outback or older forester would be perfect

zique316
02-11-2010, 12:16 AM
How about getting an older legacy and using some of the money you saved to pay for college? Then when you get done and into a solid job you can look for a car you really enjoy without the burden of student loans...Just a thought.

The Baja cargo area really isn't much bigger if any that a legacy w/ the seat down. I would say the outback or forester would give you much more cargo area than a Baja if that really is a concern for you.

I was able to make it through college w/o ever taking out a loan. I settled for not being the "cool" kid on campus with the flashy car in exchange for not feeling burdened by the monetary load. Then when I got to school I realized that no one else really placed that high a value on the material things either. Enjoy college, it was one of the greatest times of my life!

sanila
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I like Subaru car.Its perfect.I like its all model.Its having its own style and rocking features.