PDA

View Full Version : is it true porsche helps subaru with their engines and turbos...or vice versa?

nickl
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
because they both use boxer engines (horizontally opposed)

I3mySuby4680
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
No. I know the turbo's come from Mitsubishi and when they started making their current design engine a long time ago, there was no working together between Subaru and Porsche. That's not to say they didn't get the idea from them.

justinh
02-06-2008, 06:59 AM
ill tell you this from a guy who worked close at summit raceway with alot of porsches and subarus they are some how working together on the engines they all are boxter motors hello thats what porsche is all about hint hint and yes the turbos do come from mitsubishi but if you dont believe me look it all up compare the motors search the internet for specs of porsche and subaru motors

JOE
02-07-2008, 02:11 AM
I find it hard to believe that Subaru would get their Turbo chargers from Mitsubishi, as some people have said. Mitsubishi and Subaru are competitors in WRC racing and in real world. I would think that Subaru makes its own turbo chargers. As for as the engines, I think that they got some ideas from Porsche, but they are building their own engines w/o any help from Porsche. Subaru is an independent company and Porsche AG is not the kind of company who would sell its engines to a Japanese car maker.

C7S
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes.Subaru went to Porsche for help since they did not have experience making boxer engines. Porsche gave them some tips but Subaru did not use Porsche designed engines and Turbo's. They just asked for help in designing the engines and turbo's.Porsche is number one in turbocharging technology and number one in Boxer engine technology.Porsche agreed to help because Subaru does not make a car that directly competes with any Porsche model.

Simi Smith
12-18-2009, 10:35 AM
As far as I know it is not possible. If its done really I would also like to know.

Smokey852
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
???????????????