PDA

View Full Version : radiator pinhole

subarutech0476
04-07-2012, 12:15 PM
hey everyone. not familiar with how a radiator should look in good condition. was just involved in a fender bender last week and noticed today that when i am standing over the radiator looking from in front of the car, there is a small pinhole at the far left hand side of the radiator that has a small amount of coolant that appears to have been seeping from the hole and running down the side of the radiator. can anyone tell me if this is normal as some sort of pressure relief method or if my radiator is junk n needs replaced? thanks

smiffy6four
04-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Is the pinhole in the core or the tank? Either way, holes are not normal. It can be repaired with the right kind of epoxy..........

Administrator
04-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Not normal at all......if you still have an insurance claim open with the accident I would get this fixed.

subarutech0476
04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
yeah. thanks ppl. after more research i realized that there should have been a neck with a threaded plug for venting air during bleeding the system. it has been broken off from the accident and i will have the guy working on it add it to my insurance claim.