PDA

View Full Version : Bad hesitation

fsk32
02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
HI.
I hve done alot of research but couldnt manage to find a fix so i will really appreciate it if someone can help me out.
I have a 1999 legacy b4 jdm twin turbo auto and the problem is as follows.
The car starts beautifully and drives well it revs all the way up producing gr8 power. problems starts when driven for abt an hour and suddenly starts to misfire or u can say like a fuel cut is coming in the more i drive the worse it gets till it reached the point when the car was in park and i floored it but it wouldnt go past 3k rpm and that also it would hit 3k fall back to 2k and try to go up again all this with my foot floored .When the car is on D it idles perfectly as long as the brake is pressed but as soon as i let go off the brake and try to go it feel jerky like someone is learning to drive a manual.

Thanks alot will really appreciate a reply.Pls dont attack me on the auto part just sold my WRX manual a month back.

Knight
02-27-2012, 07:01 PM
even if theirs no check engine light see if you can hook up a computer to it to see if their is any hidden trouble codes.other then that it sounds like a heat related issue see if theirs some electrical items that have loosened and are close to the turbo or something you might want to also check the coil packs they might be done.

fsk32
02-28-2012, 07:01 AM
ill try to get the codes read on saturday but one person suggested i change the MAF since when we unplugged the maf yesterday the car did not switch off so lets see how that goes and ill check the coil too.what electrical items are u reffering to btw
Thanks for the reply

Knight
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Im thinking computer wires, and you may also have a bad spark plug wire.

fsk32
03-13-2012, 06:32 AM
if some one has a similar problem well in my case the fuel pump was bad and was running without a fuel filter and the spark plugs were bad too everything is good now

subarutech0476
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
i know from experience with my 1999 legacy that plugs n wires are more than enough to make the car run like crap.i just did a tune up(plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, timing belt and all new components) and boy what a difference. sounds like ur MAF could very well be a cause though.
Im thinking computer wires, and you may also have a bad spark plug wire.