PDA

View Full Version : Newb wondering about 97' Impreza Outback

bigbite
12-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Needing a 2nd vehicle for family purposes and ran across some used Subarus. Fell in love with the Impreza Outback and wondering thoughts on it.

The one that I have my eyes on is the 1997 Impreza Outback Sport I believe.

I want something that is fun to drive, but can also double as a kid carrier that I can customize!!!! LOL!

I am a long time fan of anything Euro's so this is a big change for me!!

Thanks for your guys and gals help ahead of time.

2twisty
04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
I really love my 96 OBS. My only complaint about the OBS is that in the generation of my OBS, only the 96 models had rear disc brakes. In 95 and 97, they had drum, which significantly reduces the "fun" factor.

I've found that my 5MT is more fun than my friend's 96OSB with the 4EAT. I think it's because of the power split on the manual is closer to 50-50 and you can really make the car do some impressive stuff. I'm still on a totally stock suspension and tires on mine and I can only imagine how it would behave if I put swaybars, sticky tires and some better shocks on it!

abercrombielin
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I really love my 96 OBS. My only complaint about the OBS is that in the generation of my OBS, only the 96 models had rear disc brakes. In 95 and 97, they had drum, which significantly reduces the "fun" factor.

I've found that my 5MT is more fun than my friend's 96OSB with the 4EAT. I think it's because of the power split on the manual is closer to 50-50 and you can really make the car do some impressive stuff. I'm still on a totally stock suspension and tires on mine and I can only imagine how it would behave if I put swaybars, sticky tires and some better shocks on it!

I really love my 96 OBS