PDA

View Full Version : Only had her for a week and i all ready know its for life

Cgrem
11-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Just bought my first Subaru, a 2006 wrx 2.5liter Turbo. I instantly fell in love with it, I will deffinetly be a Subaru owner for life! I can't see driving anything else.
I'm just looking for general upkeep advice, things to watch out for, and some minor mod help. I feel like I can't monitor enough of what's going while I'm driving so I'd like to get some gauges. Maybe boost, air to fuel ratio, and oil temp? Is the pillar setup the best? Also looking for a BOV, looking for some help with good brands and average prices.
The car is bone stock.
Any advice you guys got to help me would be appreciated

I don't much of anything so excuse me if I have some faulty statements or w/e. I'm in the learning stage

2007fuji
11-14-2011, 11:58 PM
change the oil every 3750 miles...and keep a close ear to that turbo

keep an eye on the headgaskets, thermostat housing, and radiator cap.

I would deffinately install a boost gauge, oil press, and water temp...the basics. As far as a bov, I would leave it stock...the engine performes better witht the stock unit recirculating boost back to the turbo inlet.

Cgrem
11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
What if I run synthetic oil which is supposed get 5000miles? Still change at 3750?

TOPSPEEDLABS
11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I always change mine every 3500 miles no matter what. i only run Royal Purple Synthetic Oil.

2007fuji
11-19-2011, 07:46 PM
the turbo feed lines have tiny screens inside that get clogged by contaminants in over-used oil...thats why Subaru requires short oil change intervals