PDA

View Full Version : New Legacy Owner!

LuvinAWD
10-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I just purchased a 1996 Legacy Brighton Wagon and I absolutely cannot believe it took me this long to buy a Subaru! I LOVE driving this car so much i have been going to the farthest stores just to drive more.

Anyways I have two questions for you guys -

1: What does the switch on top of the steering colum do? It has a P on it with lines. I realize that is probably a stupid question.. but.. I have no shame.

2: Are there any wheels off other Subaru's that will fit this model? The ONLY thing i dont like about the car is the steelies.

I think I got a pretty sweet deal on it too. It has 150k on it and had all this done 10k miles ago: new timing belt, new head gaskets, all oil seals in motor replaced, new water pump, new clutch and new CV joints on the front. I bought it from a foreign car mechanic who bought it from a lady who didnt want to pay for some repairs it needed. All it needed was an oil seal and a clutch but he went thorough it and then drove it for 10k before deciding he wanted a Jeep. So, i feel pretty good about it.

As soon as I hit 10 posts Ill post some pics.

Let me know what you think! OH.. I only paid $1800 for it :)

2007fuji
10-28-2011, 12:49 AM
1. "P" turns on the parking lights when the ignition is "off"

2. Any of the subaru 5 lug wheels will fit

I think you got an awesome deal....just keep an eye out for oil and coolant leaks...and listen for strange noises.

LuvinAWD
11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks fuji! I wa shoping all Subaru 5 lugs would have the same bolt pattern.

I do have another question though! Are there any bolt on mods that would give a few more inches of ground clearance? I was curious if I could take the suspension of of an outback and bolt it up.

2007fuji
11-04-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure about the outback suspension, if it will give you more clearance or not. you might want to check rally sites for offroad springs and struts.