PDA

View Full Version : Considering my first Subaru

rmcqcc
10-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone. I just joined this group because I'm considering buying my first Subaru. I've owned a big variety of cars over the years but never a Subby. The family man in me wants to get a Legacy, but the kid in me wants an Impreza. Currently I have a Mini Cooper Cabrio, Ram 1500 4x4 and a Saturn Aura XR. I'm looking to replace the Aura. It is a fun car to drive with tons of power from the high output engine, but it is built like garbage. I was impressed with the apparent age of the cars that people are asking questions about, and impressed that the problems really don't seem to be major ones. I never thought of Subarus as being so reliable and durable. Am I mis-interpreting things here? I think my biggest concern is the CVT transmissions. I'd like a manual, but my wife only drives autos. I don't see many complaints about the Sub CVT's. Are they durable?? Anyway, Hello to everyone. Thanks in advance for any answers I get.

2007fuji
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Iv'e worked as a tech at Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet and Subaru, my favorite by far is Subaru. The amount of engineering that goes into these cars is unthinkable. Lots of power, fuel economy, all wheel drive...cant ask for more...just be sure to perform regular maintenance.

All of my time at the dealership and I've only experienced 1 CVT issue...A legacy had a faulty transmission wire harness, and we fixed it under warranty.

What I would recomend for you is the Forester XT. It comes on a Impreza WRX platform, turbo + SUV = fun for you and the family...comes with an auto or manual transmission.