PDA

View Full Version : Looking at 1998 Impreza RS 2.5 Coupe

Chev
09-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey guys looking to get my first subaru! I have always loved them. Im currently driving a Cavalier so it would be a nice upgrade Ha! And i actually work at honda, but i just want my Impreza!

Anyway so heres the deal.
1998 Impreza RS 2.5 Coupe
Auto
2 Door
AWD
2007 WRX 17" RIM WITH RE92,
(16" OEM STEEL WITH DUNLOP WINTER TIRES),
MOMO SEATS,
MOMO STEERING WHEEL
NEW BREAKS,
REMOTE START

So car isnt perfect, the pictures dont really show it but the paint is scratched and faded in spots. No biggie. a little rust around rear wheel wells but also that can be fixed. A little damage to the lower rear bumper, not sure if it can be repaired or just replaced. There is damage to the lower front bumper as you can see in the pics. Fog lights have been removed. Summer tires are a bit warn down.
Owner is asking $3800. Got him to $3000 Canadian, for the car and if i want the second set of tires an additional $300 for those since they are apparently new.

What do you guys think of this deal? I will be test driving it next week, the battery which is only a year old was dead because he parked it for 2 months. Under the car was very very clean especially for the year, yes it has high KMs but that can be managed with regular maintenance. I really like the interior, very sporty, and it was very clean plus he had a nice sound system in the trunk. I like it, but i also wonder if this would be considered a good deal?

PS. If i did go ahead and get this car, where would be a good place to find the replacement parts for this being a 98? Are there certain newer model years that would fit? Thanks guys!

Rally Noob
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Ummmmm 260k km is a lot. Make sure the timing belt and maintenance was done, oil changed every 3000 miles or so. Plan on doing a rebuild or swap in the near future. Good luck with the purchase.