PDA

View Full Version : problems with my 2005 sti

marcus4000
07-08-2011, 11:04 PM
my first engine blew a piston, so as soon as i put a new block and pistons in the car never was the same, when im in a higher gear and go to punch it it start to cut off and makes a poping sound as if it was miss firing, but i replaced all the coils and injector and plugs, still the same problem and i noticed the boost got weeker, does any one know what should i check for next, i took it to several mechanics and they never had a clue what is going on, the car is not miss firing at all, please give me ideas im just about to give up on this car, thanks for reading this and hope you can help me

apsolus
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
just how do you expect us to help with that kinda info?? so it cuts off and pops? id check your flux capacitor first. let us know what you find. sounds like just an air leak to me. are all your turbo pipes on right? did you mess up any turbo gaskets while re installing? waste gate issue?

Monstersubie
07-14-2011, 05:14 AM
What pressure is your boost reading when you the problem occurs? Is there a check engine light? Is there a tune, aftermarket parts, or is this car completely stock? Please help us help you.