PDA

View Full Version : Getting a New WRX- Which Must Have Options/ Specific Things to Know?

Chunkaway
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Paul and I'm seriously considering selling my 2003 BMW 330xi and getting a new WRX Limited Ed. wagon. While I have done a lot of research on the vehicle, I'd like to get some "real world" feedback about the car.

What are the must have options on the car? Right now I'm considering the short throw shifter (cheaper model) and the SPT Perf. Exhaust.

Are there any specific things I should be aware of with the car?

Thanks in advance!

Monstersubie
07-14-2011, 05:00 AM
The only difference is it's awd, turbo, and in my opinion more fun than a 330i. Oh, and there is a little rocker switch on the top of the steering column, don't accidentally hit it.

EVO8WRX
07-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Chunkaway- you don't say which (year) model or where you live. I hope this info is worth your time.

Simple....3 pieces of advice: The best advice I can give you after 3 Subaru (2 WRX's and 1 2.0L RS) is to save money in advance:

(a) For the large 50K service bills (AUS $600 and $1100 approx respectively)
(b) The OEM tires (050A's for my current 05WRX) so you can learn what you like/don't like about the car (like it was new)
(c) So you can afford the relatively excessive wear of the outside (inch or so) of the front tyres

For the rest. Own the care and learn about the Subie character for yourself. The learning is (one of) the things that keep me with them

Cheers
Laurie