PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Asheville, NC 2002 WRX

NCcummins
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the Subaru world. I've had diesels my whole life. Diesels and motorcycles is about all I know. The world of Subarus is new to me so I'm here to learn about my car and what I can do to it.

I bought a 2002 Subaru WRX in January from a guy in Georgia. He was the second owner of the car and is the one who did everything to it (it doesn't have much but is perfectly fine for a daily driver which is what I need).

I got to school in Johnson City, TN at ETSU. I love anything to do with a motor as well as the outdoors. I hiked 815 miles of the Appalachain Trail this year while attempting a thru hike.

I look forward to reading on the forum! I'm looking for things I can do to my car to improve performance and add a little power. I don't want anything that is going to blow up on me in a year. Just enough power for good running wrx with a little added power.

My car has the following so far:

STI Injectors
VF34 turbo
5spd Transmission from Jap. (I think that's what he said)(It feels really low geared)
2008 SIT interior
3" turbo back exhaust (I believe it's a 3")
and a few other little things

I haven't had a chance to realy dig into the car and check it out yet. I've never owned a 4cyl vehicle let alone a turbo car. Everything I've ever owned has been a diesel or two wheels.

Thanks!

-Chris