PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum - Outback Problems

Mich_Vikki
05-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I love my Subaru but within the past 6 months I have had all kinds of problems with my 2005 Legacy Outback (that I have had since September 2005). I am really getting tired of all the problems. I get all of the preventative maintenance done, the xx mile checks and have oil changes ever 3000 miles - yet issues keep popping up. I don't think I should be having this many issues with a 5 year old vehicle. My 2 prior GM vehicles I drove for 10 years to 250,000 miles with fewer problems than this. The problems are not cheap either...CV Boot cracked and that plus that part of the axle were replaced, Bearings replaced, etc. etc. etc. Now my check engine light is on for a "Gas Pedal Location Sensor" - who knows how much this is going to cost me? I rely heavily on my vehicle and cannot keep having problems with it. I purchased a Subaru because I had heard good things about the quality of the vehicle...I am now having doubts if this was a good decision.

brandonmillsap
10-26-2011, 01:22 AM
I love my Subaru but within the past 6 months I have had all kinds of problems with my 2005 Legacy Outback (that I have had since September 2005). I am really getting tired of all the problems. I get all of the preventative maintenance done, the xx mile checks and have oil changes ever 3000 miles - yet issues keep popping up. I don't think I should be having this many issues with a 5 year old vehicle. My 2 prior GM vehicles I drove for 10 years to 250,000 miles with fewer problems than this. The problems are not cheap either..CV Boot cracked and that plus that part of the axle were replaced, Bearings replaced, etc. etc. etc. Now my check engine light is on for a "Gas Pedal Location Sensor" - who knows how much this is going to cost me? I rely heavily on my vehicle and cannot keep having problems with it. I purchased a Subaru because I had heard good things about the quality of the vehicle...I am now having doubts if this was a good decision.

The 2005 Subaru Legacy Outback is known for its vulnerability towards parts damage just like some models, nevertheless, I am optimistic that all your problems can be solved with the right approach. Make sure you approach a dealership to handle problems such as a broken cv boot. I'm not sure if this particular model is really defective, but generally Subaru manufactures durable vehicles. It would be best to consult the dealership and express your concerns. I'm sure they will be more than willing to help.

2007fuji
10-26-2011, 05:15 PM
...and if you are interested in any do-it-yourself fixes, we can help!

your current situation sounds like a easy fix, as long as you are sure of the code...just search the net[ebay, denso.com] for the part you need...

how many miles are on the car?